Extras are needed Friday, October 1, in Oklahoma City, OK to appear in the feature film LAND OF GOLD.
The film is about Kiren, a first-generation Punjabi trucker and anxious father-to-be, who stumbles across Elena, a 10-year-old undocumented Mexican-American, during a cross-country trip. As Kiren helps Elena find her way home, the unlikely pair connect over a shared history and evolving expectations of what family truly is.
The script is the winner of the 2021 Tribeca/AT&T Untold Stories.
The film is written and directed by Nardeep Khurmi. It is produced by Pallavi Sastry , Keertana Sastry and Simon TaufiQue.
Pay for extras is $100 for up to 8 hours of filming. Anything over 8 hours incurs overtime.
Travel and lodging are not provided. Covid testing is required, at the cost of production, in advance of filming. Compensation for Covid testing is $20.
BREAKDOWN OF ROLES
FILMING FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1
Covid testing Tuesday, September 28
BABY SHOWER GUESTS – Males and females, all ethnicities, 25-60.
DAD – Caucasian male, 30-40. He playfully elbows Kiran.
BABY – Caucasian baby, 6 mos – 2 years old. Please send DOB and photo taken TODAY.
POLICE OFFICERS – Caucasian males, 27-40. Please include clothing sizes including pants, shirt, height, weight and shoe.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT FOR THESE ROLES:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
Photos submitted for consideration should clearly show us your face. No extreme angles or filters. SPECIAL NOTE: Please resize your photos to under 200KB, if possible. Photos over 500KB are sometimes passed over.
PLEASE SEND A CLOSEUP AND A FULL BODY. NO HATS.
– Email a recent photo to the casting office. Please include a head-and-shoulders and a full body shot, using the guidelines mentioned above. No hats!
– Include all contact information including:
-CITY/STATE of residence
-BABY – Please include DOB and a photo taken TODAY.
-POLICE – Include all clothing sizes mentioned above.
– Make the subject heading of your email LOG – (Name of Role). Example: LOG – BABY SHOWER GUESTS
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to email@example.com (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN.)
– If you are selected for the film, you will be contacted by phone or email. Check emails regularly.
– NO PHONE CALLS