The first group of general background performers have been announced for the film DOTTY AND SOUL, set to begin filming next week in the Oklahoma City metro area.
DOTTY AND SOUL is a comedy about flamboyant entrepreneur Ethan Cox, who is caught in a racially inappropriate video that immediately goes viral. His hopes of being the man in charge of delivering a self-driving car to the public seem destined to blow up in his face. So he hires his aging mother’s 71 year old caretaker, African-American DOTTY, to be the temporary replacement CEO of his company, until the public furor dies down.
The film is written and directed by Adam Saunders, and is produced by Saunders and Avril Z. Speaks. It stars Saunders as Ethan and legendary actress Leslie Uggams (DEADPOOL, EMPIRE, ROOTS) as Dotty. The film also stars David Koechner (THE OFFICE, ANCHORMAN).
Pay for extras is $64 for up to 8 hours of filming. Anyone over 8 hours will incur overtime.
BREAKDOWN OF NEEDS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25
NEWSCASTER – Male or female, 30-50. Clean cut. Works as a local Dallas on-camera reporter.
HANDSOME ACTOR – African American male, 25-40. Handsome, fit. Needs to portray a successful actor.
RESTAURANT CUSTOMERS – Males and females, aged 15-80, any ethnicity. They are customers at a restaurant. Many diverse looks are needed here.
RESTAURANT WORKER – Male or female, 25-40, any ethnicity. Please include shirt size.
BARTENDER – Male or female, 22-40, any ethnicity. Please include shirt size.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26
All bg are 65+ years in age, Caucasian of Jewish decent preferred.
JEWISH DELI CUSTOMERS — Male or female, 65+. Caucasian. These are members of the Jewish community who visit their local deli.
FOOD PREPPER – Male, Caucasian, 50+. He works the food prep at the Jewish Deli. He is known to all locals in the neighborhood.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27
RETIREMENT HOME – Males and females, age 70+, any ethnicity. They are residents at the local retirement home where Dotty works. Some may be asked to work Thursday and Friday. Please list your availability for one or both days.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
CAFETERIA RESIDENTS – Males and females, age 70+, any ethnicity. They are eating in the cafeteria in the retirement home where Dotty works.
CAREGIVER – Male or female. 20-40’s. This person works at the retirement home along with Dotty.
OLD LADY WALKING – Female, 65+ , any ethnicity. She is fit, out walking for exercise.
CARETAKERS- Males or females, 20-40, any ethnicity. Probably a little more physically fit. They work at the retirement home and they help move residents around.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE SELECTED, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK ON ONE OF THOSE DATES. ONLY SUBMIT FOR DATES YOU ARE TOTALLY AVAILABLE.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT TO THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email a recent photo to the casting office. (PHOTOS NEED TO SHOW US HOW YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW, AND SHOULD NOT BE EXTREME CLOSEUPS, HAVE SNAPCHAT FILTERS, OR INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE IN THE PHOTO. SMARTPHONE PICS FROM ABOUT THE CHEST UP ARE JUST FINE.
– Please include a head-and-shoulders photo and a full body.
– Photos need to 200KB or smaller in size. If your photo is larger, please resize it.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– Make the subject heading of your email DOTTY – (Name of Role). Example: DOTTY – FOOD PREPPER
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email and text. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the email@example.com email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS