The first group of general background performers have been announced for the film ENSLAVED BY DUCKS, set to begin filming next week in the Oklahoma City metro area.
ENSLAVED BY DUCKS is about music critic Bob, who is out of a job, addicted to Zoloft, and trying to wrangle the menagerie of animals that his wife Linda has accumulated. Will adopting a baby cure their existential angst? Or should they just rescue another duck? This quirky and hilarious comedy is a positive, life-affirming tale of love and loss, but also what connects and bonds us. Based on the book “Enslaved by Ducks: How One Man Went From Head of the Household to the Bottom of the Pecking Order” by Bob Tarte.
The film is written by Rodney Vaccaro, directed by David Hunt, and produced by David Hunt, Patricia Heaton and Brent Ryan Green.
Unless otherwise noted on the role, pay for extras is $80 for up to 8 hours of filming. Anyone working over 8 hours will incur overtime.
BREAKDOWN OF NEEDS
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25
DEEDEE – Female, 70-90, any ethnicity. She is a nursing home resident. She also must be available Friday, February 28.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
CHAPEL PIANIST – Male or female, 40-70, any ethnicity. This person plays the piano for a worship service. Actual pianists preferred. Please indicate if you are a pianist.
NURSING HOME RESIDENTS – Male and female, 70+, any ethnicity. They are residents of a nursing home.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
BABY AUSTIN – Caucasian male. The newborn version of the actor playing Austin, pictured at right. Baby should be less than 4 months old.
1 YEAR OLD AUSTIN – Caucasian male. The 1-year-old version of the actor playing Austin, pictured at right.
5-YEAR-OLD AUSTIN – Caucasian male. The 5-year-old version of the actor playing Austin, pictured at right.
10-YEAR-OLD AUSTIN – Caucasian male. The 10-year-old version of the actor playing Austin, pictured at right.
21- YEAR-OLD AUSTIN – Caucasian male, The 21-year-old version of the actor playing Austin, pictured at right.
WEDDING PARTY – Males and females, 18-70, any ethnicity. They attend the wedding of two of the main characters.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE SELECTED, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK ON ONE OF THOSE DATES. ONLY SUBMIT FOR DATES YOU ARE TOTALLY AVAILABLE.
We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit performers without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
TO SUBMIT TO THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email a recent photo to the casting office. (PHOTOS NEED TO SHOW US HOW YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW, AND SHOULD NOT BE EXTREME CLOSEUPS, HAVE SNAPCHAT FILTERS, OR INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE IN THE PHOTO. SMARTPHONE PICS FROM ABOUT THE CHEST UP ARE JUST FINE.
– Please include a head-and-shoulders photo and a full body.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– Make the subject heading of your email EBD- (Name of Role). Example: EBD- CHAPEL PIANIST
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to email@example.com (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email and text. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the firstname.lastname@example.org email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS