Stand-ins are needed to work multiple days for the feature film DOTTY & SOUL, set to begin filming this week in the Oklahoma City area.
Stand ins need to have similar physical characteristics of the actors they are standing in for. Their job is to work very closely on set , standing in place for the actor as camera and lighting is focused.
Pay for stand-ins is $125/day for up to 12 hours of filming. Anything over 12 hours (which is very unlikely) will incur overtime.
DOTTY AND SOUL is a comedy about flamboyant entrepreneur Ethan Cox, who is caught in a racially inappropriate video that immediately goes viral. His hopes of being the man in charge of delivering a self-driving car to the public seem destined to blow up in his face. So he hires his aging mother’s 71 year old caretaker, African-American DOTTY, to be the temporary replacement CEO of his company, until the public furor dies down.
The film is written and directed by Adam Saunders, and is produced by Saunders and Avril Z. Speaks. It stars Saunders as Ethan and legendary actress Leslie Uggams (DEADPOOL, EMPIRE, ROOTS) as Dotty. The film also stars David Koechner (THE OFFICE, ANCHORMAN).
BREAKDOWN OF STAND-INS
ETHAN – Caucasian male, 6’0″ tall, very dark hair. Size 40 suit. Shirt size is 15.5 x 34-35. Pants 32×34. Must be available the entire shoot: Feb, 25-29, March 3-7, 10-14, 17-21 and 25-27.
DOTTY – African American female. 5’6″ tall. Dress size 12-14. Must be available nearly the entire shoot: Feb. 25-27, March 3-7, 10-14, 18-20, 25-27.
STEFANI – Caucasian female, 5’9″ tall. Brown hair. Dress size 0/2. Must be available Feb. 29, March 3-4.
ISABELLA – African American female, 5’7″ tall. Fair skin. Must be available Feb 28, March 18-19.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE SELECTED, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK ON ALL OF THE DATES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE. ONLY SUBMIT FOR DATES YOU ARE TOTALLY AVAILABLE.
TO SUBMIT TO THIS PROJECT:
READ AND FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY.
Failure to follow the instructions will likely result in your submission being lost, mis-filed or accidentally deleted.
– Email a recent photo to the casting office. (PHOTOS NEED TO SHOW US HOW YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW, AND SHOULD NOT BE EXTREME CLOSEUPS, HAVE SNAPCHAT FILTERS, OR INCLUDE ANYONE ELSE IN THE PHOTO. SMARTPHONE PICS FROM ABOUT THE CHEST UP ARE JUST FINE.
– Please include a head-and-shoulders photo and a full body.
– Photos need to 200KB or smaller in size. If your photo is larger, please resize it.
– Include all contact information including NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and CITY/STATE of residence.
– Include your EXACT height and wardrobe sizes, if listed for role.
– Make the subject heading of your email STAND IN – (Name of Role). Example: STAND IN – ETHAN
– SEND ALL PICTURES AND INFO IN ONE EMAIL. DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS.
– Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not send to the email address listed, your submission WILL NOT BE SEEN)
– If you are selected to appear in the project, you will be contacted by email and text. Check emails and texts regularly and allow the email@example.com email address in your address book.
– NO PHONE CALLS